Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cortes' Income Questions.Flood the InBox:

City Council Member Bertha aka Bea Cortes has become the subject of many emails.

Readers here is my answer. I DON'T Know..

I don't know where she has gotten her income if she hasn't sold a home in 3 years.

I don't know what income she has reported on her 1090 or 700 financial report forms. (You should be able to view these documents at City Hall.)

Many ask about her current residency. I don't know if she is residing full or part time in her home as many of you have asked about. I don't think you have to be a resident to actually be on the City Council. I think the requirement is to have an interest in GT opening it up to perhaps a business owner that lives in Redlands or Upland, or San Bernardino, who may have a future interest in GT as a place to live. The rule is rather open ended in GT as to who can be on the City Council.

Is there an Cortes Investigation? I don't know if there is a Real DA Investigation that is Active or On Going. IF an Investigation is Closed at some point the data is available for public release and the Press may be interested in finding those documents. This may just be a pat answer so the DA doesn't have to answer questions without a court order.

Does she really have a "Relationship with Ramos or Others"? I don't know about her personal "Relationships", I do know she used her Political Relationship to get the charges pressed on Jim Miller and have it done in a way that was the most extreme and publicly damaging. She bragged about it prior to it being done. Steve Berry made similar statements prior to Miller's Arrest, trying to squash the printing of the news of his Criminal Investigation that was covered up by Schwab and Berry and at least one Sheriff Investigator.

I do know my my assessment that her activities with Terra Loma Real Estate are much worse than those of Mr. Miller's alleged transgressions. The "Relationship" with Terra Loma included use of office space, phone / messaging services and she combined her Business Advertisement with her position on the City Council in a way that was clearly a breach of good taste if not a Clear Intended Conflict of Interest. A realtor who advertises their Political Office at the same is suggesting, hey buy from me I can make things easy at the City Council. This was an unfair use of her title if nothing else and the non cash benefits of the association have a "Value" that should be accounted for as a Payment in Kind between Terra Loma and Cortes.

I do know she has changed her explanation on several issues to protect Steve Berry , and in the long ago past Tom Schwab. Pretending no one would remember what she had said in prior explanations.

I know she said the Sentinel Lied about the investigation into Steve Berry and the Cover up of the Criminal Investigation by Tom Schwab... She never retracted her finger wagging scolding of the Sentinel when she was proven wrong with documentation.

She clearly has a questionable definition of truth, and a limited appreciation for the fact the citizens should have the right to know the facts about such investigations and cover ups. Including what happened to the gift of wine she later apparently un-gifted. Teach us all that trick.

Do I care if Ramos has a lot of women. NO. I do care about any man who fosters a hostile workplace and uses relationships of any kind as political game playing and coercion. If Ramos has done this and Cortes is party to it shame on them both. Is it a crime? Well that will be up to I guess the FBI or The State Attorney General. Is it right... NO...

Who Mrs. Cortes picks as her friends should teach us a lot. Pay attention people there will no doubt be more fall out as a result of her "relationships, and friends in high places".