Sunday, November 27, 2005

New Reader's Real Concerns and My Reply

From the Email Inbox:

Grandpa..
its me wrote:
I am a little hesitant to write this, as it means I am giving you my email address - but I don't know who you are. So I will leave this as vague, as you are with your reading public. One can never be too careful on the internet.

I have been reading your site and find it very informative and moving. I look forward to reading more as it certainly presents a different viewpoint. I feel compelled to write nontheless.

You posted on your site, names of sexual offenders in our city. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine discovered one, on their street less than a block from mine. You have him listed Dana Quintana - but he no longer lives on Deberry he is now on McClarren street. Why isn't this posted on the Megan's Law site? There are two daycares on that street, and Grand Terrace Elementary??!! Why doesn't the community get informed??? This is scary.

Thanks for your time.

GRANDPATERRACE's Reply to the Emailer:

First of all, "I" didn't post this information about sex offenders. There are many folks who post to the blog. You are welcome to become a poster if you like. I share your concern. The correct action for you to take is to report your information to the Sheriff's Department, the CHP (being they are the State and perhaps even the FBI) as the issue of not registering is a State and perhaps as Federal Crime, if the case was tried in a Federal Court.

As I have no first hand knowledge about this information you are providing, It is your civic responsibility to advance this information.

Regarding your email. I don't share email addresses or identities unless the person says it is OK to do so. There has been sufficient intimidation of citizens and business owners in this town. The Blog is concerned with the operations of city hall and the effectiveness of schools, and the real arrests and criminal activity in the city.

Development concerns are posted at the request of others who provide documents and information. Yes, I do the bulk of the posting, but I am only the one who seems to know how to post a picture and so forth.

I as an individual am not important. My Anonymity insures freedom.

Welcome to the readership.