Monday, December 19, 2005

Jo's Reply to Cassie:

Dear Cassie: In regards to your article on Grand Terrace. The City of Grand Terrace is not as sleepy as you think. Even though I do not live in as you put it, "shabby mobile home parks" (which I find offensive), I do live in the older part.

The City of Grand Terrace has plans to use Eminent Domain to take my property and give it to the developer (Jacobsen). They plan to rob me of my right to own my home to benefit the developer. The City and Developer are playing God, and saying something better than my home should be built on my property.

I was raised in Grand Terrace. My parents owned our home since the early 1950's. They left me our homestead. They hoped that it would provide security for me. And now, my home, that is paid for, is under attack.

A sleepy town, I think not. Only to those who are not paying attention to what is really going on in Grand Terrace may think it is a sleepy town. Or there is always those who are not concerned as long as it is not their home being taken for someones elses benefit. The "growing pains" is taking my property that my parents and I have worked hard for. We did not do this for another to benefit.

Sincerely,
Jo Stringfield
Grand Terrace