Friday, April 02, 2010

The map of Noise Levels in Grand Terrace is a rather telling map. Note this is the expected level of noise levels. Also important to note that the Noise levels are their highest where the Speeds are the Highest on Barton Road and Mt Vernon. There is nothing that the City Council can do about Freeway or Train Noise other than to insist on a Long Wall along the freeway to block the noise.
The City Council could change the speed limit in town to a max of 35 mph city wide and have the Sheriff's Department ticket loud stereos and faulty mufflers, in addition to the speed limit. Noise is a reality of Community Life.
Good Businesses, neighbors and good campers should respect the Ear and Air Space of others. If I can hear your car radio as I sit inside my house, it is to loud. If I can hear your TV when I sit inside my house it is to loud. If after 9:00 School Nights and perhaps 11:00 Weekends, sound escapes your house it is too loud. Simple. If your coming in to town late at night don't make your car motor run at high RPM's or do burn outs as you enter into traffic.