Monday, December 20, 2010

From the Email InBox: The Other View: Hold an Election

Hey Old Man:

I say go ahead have an election. Then Sylvia Robles will be elected and be done with it. Sure it would cost 30,000 to 50,000 but, hey that is nothing compared to the money they gave Jack Brown and Stater's to buy a big chunk of Grand Terrace for a mini Stater's Ville right on our own main street. The Non-Competitive nature of the Stater's Complex will have a long term business impact that puts Stater's Interest ahead of Business Interest in Grand Terrace. So go ahead and spend down the reserve on this election. This city no longer needs to exist, we have become Stater's Ville thanks to Jacobsen and Schwab and Jack Brown and the RDA. We've been assured that all sorts of tax revenue will result from this development... so we will be in the money as soon as next summer when the new market opens all financial problems will be gone.

It costs twice that to fix the brand new kitchen at the Senior Center, or buy an electric sign, or to pay Tom Schwab to retire quietly.

At a minimum, elections are good for local printers of campaign signs, and fliers. Make my day lets have an election. I want to vote for Sylvia Robles again, and I will work harder to get more people out to vote so she exceeds the number of votes she got in the last election to bring home the point of her public support. I will make sure to tell the voters which city council members voted for the need for an election and the spending of 30 to 50,000 tax dollars for a "Special Election". I will also tell folks that this is the type of excessive spending that should be stopped or made unnessassary by a person with a eyes trained to be critical to details like Sylvia Robles has.

I have space in my yard for a yard sign all ready.

Signed:

A voter who will vote again for Sylvia Robles. If there is an election I know right now I will not vote for either Garcia or McNaboe in their future election. That is also a fact.


Gramps Reply With A Note:

Well, folks there is the other side of the same coin if ever I read it. Interesting point of view.