Thursday, March 29, 2007

GT RESIDENT IN NEED OF HELP

Hi Gramps, and Blog Readers:

We have lived in Grand Terrace since March 2003. Our address there is 22542 Minona Drive.

I posted the notice on craigslist for help as just a shot in the dark. But since the post went up, I have received an out pouring of emails. All the emails are from people I have never met, (a lot from Grand Terrace). Emails to say how sorry people are for our loss. It kind of renews my faith in the human race. We have given to folks in need countless times over the years, but you never expect to find yourself in a position that you yourself needed some help. Its just good to know that there are some good people out there.

Let me tell you what we need...there are no children in our home. So, its just 2 adults.

Men’s size 34 waist 30-32 length jean. t shirts or sweatshirts xl. shoes tennis shoes or work boots size 11. I think I can salvage socks and underwear for him. I had a washer full of them when the fire happened.

Women’s, size medium top and size 8-10 bottom. I do have giraffe legs though, as I am 5'9". So I need a longer length if its at all possible. As far as shoes are concerned, I wear a size 8. I only lost 7 pr of tennis shoes in the fire. All my other shoes are cool.

Household...I lost all my towels, blankets, my drinking glasses, a lot of my plates, canisters, I even lost all my make-up.

My home is gutted; I lost all my taxes for the year I was getting ready to file and all my previous years’ taxes.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway Gramps, thank you for your kind email. If you need to reach me you can call me at 909-483-8209 or at 714-350-3786 (jims cell), or at this email address. I'm in and out of the Grand Terrace house almost daily. If you see me there stop by. I drive a silver toyota camry or a white van.

Many thanks,

ridedawhitepony@hotmail.com

Kay & Jim Reece





Posted on Craigslist:


Reply to: sale-302038789@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-03-28, 12:50PM PDT

On March 16, 2007, we lost our home to a electrical fire. All of our belongings were lost along with our 2 chihuahua's and our macaw. We are heartbroken. We are placing this ad to ask that if any craigslist folks have any household items, clothing, etc to donate then please contact us. If you have any concerns about the validity of this fire, then feel free to contact the Grand Terrace fire department. The residence is located on Minona Drive. Also, if you live in an older home, (ours was built in 1954), get your wiring checked out. Better yet, rewire your home. Money well spent. Thank you.

Location: grand terrace .

Gramps has emailed asking for more specific detail on the needs and sizes of clothes... and so forth.