Monday, April 16, 2007

From the Email InBox: Reese Fire UPDATE

kay reese wrote:

Hi Gramps,

Hope this note finds you well. You had asked me to keep you informed about our situation.

Since our last email conversation, I was contacted by the bishop for the Latter Day Saints. I think his name is Corey Sorenson. He met with us over at Deseret Industries and helped us out with some clothing.

The Lions Club club donated a generous amount in Stater Bros gift cards.

The Grand Terrace news published an article about our situation and asked the public for assistance, so we have received some very nice items through that venue as well.

Jim and I just want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kindness and your interest in us and our well being. None of the above would have ever happened if it wasn't for you. If our world had a few more people like you in it, then I'm pretty certain it would be a different place.

Jim and I are still staying with family. Our lives are still horribly disrupted and are going to continue to be for some time. But I guess thats to be expected. I will continue to keep you advised Gramps.

Once again thank you for your unsolicited kindness.

Best Regards,Kay


Dear Kay,

Thank you for your kind words. It is a small thing that I did. I will post your email as a progress report. Please let me know if you come to a point needing a bit more assistance. Things will pop up..

We are at our best when we are in service to others. Sometimes in our lives we are the ones served.

Gramps.