Friday, February 08, 2008

From the Email InBox:Survey:

Gramps

I was called by the Survey people. They know my name address and my answers. I wonder if the City Council / Management will use this against us at some future time. Then I thought more about the questions.

Clearly, the Survey wants to support More Low Paying Retail Jobs in Grand Terrace, to increase Sales Tax Collections.

Clearly, the Survey wants to provide a drummed up support for the City Council, as there is no test of Respondent's knowledge about the City Council Actions, or even who they are prior to asking questions about the respondents "Satisfaction" with the Council.

When asked about the Library or Parks, the respondent was tested or qualified to have an opinion based on knowledge.

The use of the demographic information collected is interesting too. Will the Council Discount the opinion of people who make less, or who don't vote, or who have no children? This part of the Survey provides pure Political Information that they will use for their personal campaigns in the future and should not have been paid for by the City Funds.

A persons thoughts and opinion should count. There is no reason to know how much they earn, what their age, grace and gender is. Perhaps the City Council only care what White Voters Think. To be honest I doubt they care what the voter thinks. The survey's use is to manipulate public opinion, not listen to it.

Yes, I answered the survey... but now that I did, I feel dirty, violated and used. Unsatisfied.