Thursday, November 01, 2007

From the Email InBox: Dumpster Day...

Dear Gramps:

I took a load of things to Dumpster Day... and there was no line. I doubt this was because there is no need. I hope the City Community Services plans a January or February Dumpster Day.

I think folks load up their cars and trucks during the week to have it ready for Saturday Morning Dumpster Day.

We all know that we had a week of heavy smoke, and most of us aboded by the Health Warnings and cut back on outdoor activity during the week.

Thankfully for the Tree Planting Activity and for those who did work at the Dumpster Day and those who loaded up loads and brought them for dumping, that Saturday's Air Quality was much better, and it has been improving as the fires are going out.

January, early February is when pruning should be done... Let's hope there is a plan to have a Dumpster Day when these winter chores and the risk of Fires, and the Conflict of other activities, Tree Planting, Halloween Haunt, Country Fair, all pile on the time demands, and safety of the citizens.

I also read there are groups hosting E-Waist Fund Raisers in San Bernardino. Perhaps the Sports Team can earn some money that way...

Oh, and thans GrandPaTerrace, for keeping us informed as well as you do. I agree with 98% of what you say... I'll put up with the 2% "Error" rate...

Gramps Reply:

Well I think you are right.... about the Dumpster Day, and the blog. I remind you and the readers that it is an effort of many individuals. IF there is something you want to post, gather your documents and facts and we'll post it... Opinions without support may be combined with other posts or "From the Email Inbox Posts".