Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gramps, I would want to know. The Blog Alerted Me...

Gramps: Please Post:

A couple of months ago, my name showed up on this blog, and the charges were inflated and later dropped. Neighbors came and expressed concern for my family, and they told us where the information came from, it was this blog that I had never read prior to that. When I communicated with you you told me the source of the data, I corrected it and you expunged the blog. In hindsight, I am thankful that you posted it. I would have never emailed the other site and got a correction. I didn't know about those other sites. I even had the Sheriff Log Corrected.

The case has been dropped and your right, an arrest is not a conviction. Because of the blog my web presents has been corrected to reflect the lower charges which were later dropped. I see the blog as having given me a heads up to what could have been a justification for more problems in the future. I am a minority, and I don't need to have web data that is not correct. There was a world of difference from a Felony Charge, to a Misdemeanor that was dropped. If you had not posted the Felony Charge Data, I would not have gotten it all changed and it is now even off my record.

Thanks,

__________________________________________________________________

Gramps,

Your reply to the Dodd Arrest is right on. I would like to know if some one has my same name lives in the same town ans was arrested for anything. If my name was used or my ID used that is something I'd like to be informed of even by a blog like this. To have that information made widely accessible and read by folks that know me and care about me and bring it to my attention can well be a great service. Imagine if it was your name and you find out you lose a job because some one has an arrest record under your name. Or, you are pulled over for a bench warrant that the other person should be picked up for. Knowing there is that other person out there can be very helpful indeed.

Your right to post the Crime and Arrest information from it's sources and if those sources are corrected adjust your own blog. Don't stop posting this information off of those two web sites, it isn't slander and it is based as you credit those other websites as the source and they source the Agency reporting the data. IF it is wrong, Thank YOU for pointing it out to us that it is out there, needing to be corrected.