Friday, January 06, 2006

Good Question From the Email Inbox

Dear GrandPa Terrace

Rep. Lewis, our Congressman, whom is also Chairman of the Appropriations Committee, secured a $500,000 grant for the City of Grand Terrace to "study" the moving of the Barton Road off ramp one tenth of a mile south to do nothing more than accommodate a developer and divert traffic into the Outdoor Adventure Center.

This was done before the Outdoor Adventure Center was even brought before the citizens of Grand Terrace at the Planning Commission meeting.

Since I see this site is now read nationally perhaps the Congressman will answer my question. I have called his office and asked my question and Elizabeth, his staff person said she would get back to me with an answer. After repeatedly calling, and having my calls avoided, perhaps Rep. Lewis will read this and answer. Although I will not hold my breath. It is obvious his office does not want to answer any questions.

My question. Why did the City of Grand Terrace need $500,000 of Federal taxpayer money to study the moving of the Northbound Barton Road off ramp when they intended to do whether there was a study or not. It has no benefit to anyone but the developer.

Where is the money? Where is the study? And does this not look like a sham funneling of $500,000 of taxpayers dollars for a frivolous reason if not a false one.


Congressman Lewis, Please respond to this question publicly at this website.

****************************************************************
What would have happened to GT ELM SCHOOL under this Plan? Interesting, very interesting....