Monday, October 18, 2010

Doug Wilson says He Did Not Do It.

From: Doug Wilson Subject: Re: Sandoval, Stanckiewitz, Robles Flyer
To: "Grand PaTerrace"
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 12:20 AM

Granpa:
I did not create, contribute to or distribute the "Halt 'Walt' Now!" leaflets that appear to have been distributed within Grand Terrace on Friday night or early Saturday morning. A citizen brought one to my house about 10:00 am on Saturday.
Mr. Stanckiewitz's nativity (place of birth) is of no consequence to me. I do not support political tactics that attack family. By law and by any reasonal code of moral terpitude I am obligated to immediately and publicly repudiate any individual or group that resorts to the methods and tactics I condemn. I can state with confidence that no subordinate of mine was responsible for any involvement with the "Halt 'Walt" Now!" leaflet.
It has been an honor to visit 900 homes within the City of Grand Terrace and shake hands with the citizens. I intend to meet as many citizens as I can. Each of the candidates signed a Code of Fair Campaign Practices statement as a condition of candidacy. I have done my best to adhere to the principles of decency, honesty and fair play so that citizens may exercise their constitutional right to a free and untrammeled choice.

Doug Wilson

From: Doug Wilson Subject: Sandoval, Stanckiewitz, Robles Flyer
To: GrandTerraceNews@yahoo.com Date: Monday, October 18, 2010, 9:20 AM

Grandpa:
Please inform your readers that I did not have any part in the creation, manufacture or distribution of the flyer that apparently hit doorsteps early Saturday morning regarding Sandoval, Stanckiewitz and Robles with the title "Halt 'Walt' Now!"
It would also be good if some of your contributors got their facts straight regarding what the Planning Commission does and is empowered to do.
Doug Wilson
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Doug Wilson was also invited to add to the knowledge base of the blog in answering the questions or issues readers have regarding the Planning Commission and his service there.