Saturday, October 30, 2010

How Tom Schwab Really Feels About The Council

The Kind of Man Tom Schwab Is:
This Email was First:
>>> tom schwab 1/13/2009 11:43 AM >>>

Steve,
After some thought, I decided I would like you to wait until June to move into my office. The Council is expecting to discuss my contract for the time after June 30th and if they contract me to come back on even a part time basis I would want to work out of my office. I understand the movement of Rich's operations has been called off so I assume you will be able to accommodate my request. In my working on the budget I saw a memo from Bernie giving a date for the Council goal setting workshop. I wanted to know if you wanted me to attend the workshop or not. It's your decision. Typically, nothing of any great substance comes out of the goal-setting workshops.
Thanks,
Tom

This Email Answered the Above
--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:01:43 -0800
From: SBERRY@cityofgrandterrace.org
To: tjschwab@hotmail.com
CC: List Removed
Subject: Re: From Tom

Tom,
I have gone over in great detail the discussions we had Thursday on your change of heart. As I mentioned, we have gone through a staff reorganization based on your verbal agreement to move. At our Strategic Staff Retreat we set an aggressive agenda for this year that will require additional resources to support my office in accomplishing the goals approved by the City Council. Jo Verhelle, the Assistant to the City Manager, is key to organizing my office and supporting the endeavors.
I have been assigned by the Council to make the decisions for this City. As the Acting City Manager, I have to do what I think is in the best interest of the City.
These past seven months have been an extreme challenge for both of us. We can only move forward and remember to keep the focus on "what is in the best interest of our residents."
I will be out of the office starting next Wednesday in Sacramento and would like the move to be completed by Monday the 26th. Jo can help coordinate this with you.
Respectfully,
Steve
Steve Berry
Acting City Manager
City of Grand Terrace
909-430-2226
909-783-2600 FAX

Added Observation:

Tom Schwab wanting to keep the Office of the City Manage, even if Steve Berry had been hired to be the City Manager shows something about Mr. Schwab's respect for Management Hierarchy, and who should get the bigger office is part of who is in charge. Or did he just set Steve Berry up to give up his job knowing he was going to release the details about the Moonlighting, and Embezzlement Investigation to Tank Steve in the Cat Fight over who was going to be City Manager?

He was angling to keep employed even after he resigned or announced his retirement. Cortes and Berry pushing the Miller Card he so nicely provided them proved to be the last straw for the remaining council members and neither were hired on the payroll. For him to ask the voters to put him back anywhere near the driver's seat is if nothing else audacious conduct on his part.

Both Schwab and Berry were culpable for the situation the Miller's found themselves in. Both tried to use it to manipulate the Millers.

Look how un-important a goals setting meeting with the City Council is, but how important his Prime Office Space is to his needs and desires.

Nope, this man does not belong on the City Council of Grand Terrace, or any where near city hall in greater stature than the common citizen who got "Duly Noted" over the past 30 years.

Tom Schwab apparently convinced Steve Berry to end the Position of Assistant City Manager, and then was thinking about wanting that Job Back, leaving Steve Berry without a job. No doubt it up set him when Tom decided he wanted to stay until June and may try to renegotiate his contract at that time, perhaps for the City Manager's Job. Which did come to happen. So apparently Tom Schwab set Berry up and Berry took the bait.

Remember the night Steve Berry locked him self in City Hall with the Computer Tech? Just think about what he may have taken with him when he left.