Saturday, October 30, 2010

Email From Sylvia Robles.

I want to thank all of you who supported me. Your support has been a blessing to me. I have gained more in this experience than I can ever re-compensate. The kind words, the agreement to place a sign and declare your support publicly for me, the volunteer time to knock on doors or call folks in an age when nobody likes to answer the phone or listen to us so-called " corrupt politicians." The writing of a check no matter how small or large to help me get my message to the voters.

Grand Terrace citizens like the rest of America are over-worked, often under-paid, while top management doles out over-generous salaries. GT families must work and pay bills, pay for sports, pay for school fund raiser events with less money. We worry about the housing crisis and when we can plan for the next stage of our life, can we buy a larger home for our growing family, can I sell this home in which I no longer raise children, what will the value be in 4 or 5 years. Will I ever break even on this house? Hard times, but together we will find a way back to fair, equitable solutions.

Optimism will be our mantra.

Grand Terrace seems ready to try a new team of leadership. I pray that the demands of work and family do not hamper their journey to the polls. Too often the voter after being stuck in traffic and facing the need to cook dinner or take the kids to a practice game can just give up, thinking what is the use.

  • "What is the use" has won too many elections. Citizens need to take hold of their local government.

  • The power we have gifted to others has hurt us tremendously. Voters can say stop, regroup, and redirect the efforts of local government.

Optimism will be our mantra.

If I do not win this election, I will not be defeated I will rest a short while and get back to work. We can change Grand Terrace and make our community better. We will win battle by battle. It is hard for many to be optimistic in today's economic decline, but without optimism we lose everything. We lose the power and stamina to fight. We have a purpose to fight, it is for comfort, knowing that we have job, pay and benefits that are fair and provide for a good family life. For a city that supports families via youth services and library literacy. For a city that puts taxpayer money to benefits for the citizen, good police, fire protection, parks for recreation and little leagues fields for our children and yes if we can do it a dog park.

Optimism will be our mantra.

Humbly yours,

Sylvia A. Robles