Saturday, April 15, 2006

Former Board Member Sends Message:

When I was a school Board member I suggested the school board acquire additional land next to the current land that they have been purchasing for High School #3 to be used for a new elementary school. I agree that the location of GT elementary is not ideal. I worry about the increased exposure to pollutants from car exhausts because the school is so close to the freeway.

However, politically speaking, moving the school would be difficult. Many people have a sentimental attachment to the school. I attended GT elementary myself and know that some in the community would be very upset if the school were moved.

Sincerely,

Tobin Brinker

Grandpa Comments:
It is not a matter of attachment, when a road and caltrans says it must go. However, maintaining the Community Center in the Old School House building and the Turtle, and using the buildings for civic related uses if possible would be an alternative to making the entire facility Commercial as the Current City Plan Shows.

Yes, air pollution is a problem. When there was Lead in the gas just think of the exposure some of US were exposed to.